West End Medical Centre
5 Keeling Street
Palmerston North 4412
Tel: (06) 358 2485
Fax: (06) 358 2710
Surgery hours are 8.30am till 5.00pm daily.
8.30 to 5.00pm 5 days a week
Please ring for an appointment
Home visit Wednesday afternoons.
After Hours Care:
We are affiliated to City Doctors, 22 Victoria Avenue, Palmerston North Phone 355 3300, ensuring that you have 24 hour a day, 7 day a week medical care.
Phoning our surgery prior to 8.30am and after 5.00pm will direct your call to Healthline.
Dr Steve Zambazos
Jane, Practice Manager
Moya, Part-time Receptionist
Louise Scott, Practice Nurse
Sharon, Medical Receptionist
- General medical practice
- Under 6 years old are free
- Mole checks and Blood Pressure checks free.
- We are a member of the Central PHO
- Plan your appointments ahead of time for your regular check ups.
- Tell us if you need more time than the usual 10-15 minute appointment, so it can be allocated to you.
- Tell us if more than one member of the family is to be seen when you make your appointment.
- Please report to reception on arrival as we don't always know you have arrived here if you just go and sit in the waiting room.
- If you have had a change of address or phone number please tell the receptionist on your arrival.
- Urgent or fit in consultation appointments. Please don't bring up other matters that can be dealt with at a routine appointment
- Accidents are not fully covered by ACC. If the initial ACC form is filled elsewhere (hospital, City Drs) please bring ACC forms/paper work with you.
- Home Visits: These may be arranged when necessary. There is an additional charge for this service.
- Fees: Your fees pay staff wages and the expenses of the Medical Centre. Payment on the day of the consultation would be appreciated. We have EFTPOS facilities or can arrange for a bank number for automatic or internet payments.
We deal with an extremely high volume of repeat prescriptions so please ring well in advance of needing them, preferably between 11am and 4pm. A $15 fee for this service is charged. See Practice Nurse for these requests.
Our nurse provides services on Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday 11.00am till 5.00pm
and Wednesday & Friday 8.30am till 5.00pm.
Her time is precious with us.
Please make an appointment.
There is a fee for most nurse services.
She will also handle repeat prescription requests.
Children: Please make an appointment for immunization at a time when the nurse is available. All these procedures are free. We run a special reminder system for immunizations which are overdue, so call the nurse if you are not sure if your child is up-to-date.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTACT US FOR YOUR RESULTS
Our Practice Nurse is available to give out your results between 11.00am - 4.00pm
We endeavour to contact you with any abnormal results, but ask that you still ring for your results if have not heard from us.
For Overseas Travel: The vaccinations need to be ordered and paid for prior to administration. As they should be given 4 weeks prior to travel you will need to see the nurse and possibly the Doctor in good time to arrange this.
Influenza: This vaccine will prevent epidemic influenza only - not coughs and colds. It is recommended for all those over 65 and for younger people with important chronic health problems (e.g. Heart or lung disease, diabetes etc.) who are likely to get complications if they get influenza. (It contains purified fractions of the viruses most likely to circulate each winter and is best given in autumn.) The Government will pay the cost for people over 65 years and over for younger people with certain chronic illnesses provided the vaccine is given before the date specified by Government each year.
Cervical Smears: These are available by doctor or nurse (an appointment is required) and we have a reminder/recall system which can help you keep track.
If you have any suggestions for improvements to our services we would really like to hear from you, just mention it to any one of us or drop us a note.