Cancer Society of New Zealand Manawatu Centre Inc.
135 Ruahine Street
PO Box 5170
Palmerston North 4441
Tel: (06) 356 5355
Fax: (06) 356 7804
Information Hotline: 0800 CANCER / 0800 226 237
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Te Rōpū Mate Puku Puku o Aotearoa
The Cancer Society Mission
Improving community well-being by reducing the incidence and impact of cancer. The Cancer Society is committed to working with our communities by providing leadership and advocacy in cancer control, with core services in:
- health promotion
- Individual and Group support for people living with cancer and their families/whanau.
- Drivers to enable you to attend oncology appointments and treatment.
- Information on all aspects of cancer for patients, health professionals and the general public. Resources include pamphlets, journal articles, books, videos and a lending service.
- Promotion of healthy lifestyles that reduce the likelihood of cancer, including Smokefree, SunSmart, Physical Activity and Healthy Eating.
- Both professional and trained volunteers provide these services.
- The Cancer Support Group meets on the last Wednesday of every month at Addis House at 12.00 pm
- The Men's Support Group meet on the First Wednesday of every month at 7.00 pm
- The Lymphoedema Support Group meet on the fourth Thursday of every month at 5.30pm
- Breast Cancer Support Services meet once a month
The Women's Cancer Support Group run regular workshops
Please ring Addis House for confirmed dates, times and locations of these meetings.
Services are funded by our major events of Daffodil Day and Relay For Life plus sponsorship, donations, bequests and Memorial Gifts. The Cancer Society receives no direct Government Funding.