Cancer Society of New Zealand Manawatu Centre Inc - Horowhenua Services
112 Winchester Street
Tel: (06) 367 8065
Information Hotline: 0800 CANCER / 0800 226 237
Fax: (06) 367 8057
Hours: 9.00am - 3.00pm
Lewin Dickson, Field Officer
Fax: 06 3643057
Te Rōpū Mate Puku Puku o Aotearoa
The Cancer Society Mission
Improving community well-being by reducing the incidence and impact of cancer. The Cancer Society is committed to working with our communities by providing leadership and advocacy in cancer control, with core services in:
- health promotion
- Individual support for people living with cancer and their families/whanau.
- Drivers to enable you to attend oncology appointments and treatment.
- Information on all aspects of cancer for patients, health professionals and the general public. Resources include pamphlets, journal articles, books, videos and a lending service.
- Promotion of healthy lifestyles that reduce the likelihood of cancer, including Smokefree, SunSmart, Physical Activity and Healthy Eating.
- Both professional and trained volunteers provide these services.
Phone 06-3678065 for further information
Foxton - 1st Monday in month - Avenue Road Combined Church Hall, Foxton - phone for seasonal times
Otaki - 3rd Monday in the month at 2pm - Otaki RSA side room - Raukawa Street, Otaki.
Levin - RIMU men's group -3rd Wednesday in month - check seasonal times
Levin - Coffee Club - 4th Tuesday in month at 10am - Winchester House, 112 Winchester Street, Levin
Services are funded by our major events of Daffodil Day and Relay For Life plus sponsorship, donations, bequests and memorial gifts. The Cancer Society receives no direct government funding.