Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Trust
Tel: (0800) 472 637
We provide support to Grandparents who are primary caregivers to grandchildren in difficult circumstances and to ensure fair treatment from the legal and child protection services in New Zealand, in order to stablise and normalise the life of the children involved.
- To provide support to grandparents who are primary caregivers
- To provide opportunities for the grandchildren to meet others in the same situation
- To raise awareness as to the role of the grandparents in the primary caregiving role
- To undertake research to establish the depth of grandparents in the primary caregiver role in New Zealand and respond accordingly
- To facilitate change in the legal and child custody systems